Abroad studies are an exciting and life-changing experience for students. Canada is the most preferred destination by students and is known for its high quality of education, welcoming culture, and excellent standard of living.
Canada is renowned for its universities and colleges in various courses and programs. The Canadian educational system is famous because it provides affordable tuition fees compared to the United States and the United Kingdom. Another reason for studying in Canada is the high quality of life with low crime rates.
Moreover, Canada is beautiful, with many opportunities for students, like part-time jobs, to resolve their financial crisis. Also, students who study at Canadian Universities can apply for a job worldwide.
Cost of Living in Canada
Willing to study in Canada? First, apply for a student Visa at your affordable University or college in a specific degree program. You can find your desired University here. For a student visa, you must show a bank statement for the past four months with a bank balance of $16096.87.
Most universities offer vibrant accommodation for international students at their campuses, with an average monthly cost of approximately $400-1500 for a single bedroom. The rent or mortgage payment for a room varies depending on your budget. Living in a big city requires approximately $1000-1200 monthly for a single bedroom.
Foodstuff and Refreshment Cost
The cost of foodstuff, Refreshments and groceries in Canada depends on your eating and shopping habits. In Canada, food and groceries cost you approximately $600-$800 per month if you live on campus; otherwise, it will cost you $800-$1000 per month.
Transportation and Mobile Phone Cost
Mobile phones are essential for communication nowadays. You should pay $30 per month for packages to keep a mobile phone. Canada is a beautiful country. To explore Canadian beauty, you must travel by bus, which costs you $40 per month for transportation.
Healthcare and Fitness
In Canada, most basic medical services are covered by public Healthcare centres. However, Dental services cost you additional charges. For keeping your body in shape, there are several gyms operated locally and on-campus gyms in Canada with a membership of an average cost of $20-$100 per month.
Leisure and Entertainment
Suppose you want to entertain yourself through TV costs you $15-30 monthly. While spending a night out in main cities like Toronto, depending on your spending habits, it will cost you $70 a night for movies and visiting different places.
Cost of Visa and Application
Visa and Application costs depend on your study course. It’s a permit for studying in Canada, which costs you $800 to process your application and makes you eligible for studying in Canada, and the residential fee of a Visa is $100.
Annual Tuition Fee for International Students
Every University and College has its annual tuition fee schedule, but we calculate the average cost by analyzing the Statistics of Canada. According to Canada’s statistics, the average yearly tuition cost for international undergraduate students is $36,100 and $21,100 for Postgraduates. You can also check the profile of Universities here.
Scholarships for International Students in Canada
- The University of Waterloo Scholarships: In this scholarship, an aid of $1,000 – $20,000 will be given to international students as an Award.
- Université de Montréal Scholarships: This Scholarship program is initiated to help international students. In this program, international students are awarded a grant of $1,500-$2,000 annually.
- Douglas College International Student Scholarships: in this Scholarship program, an individual is granted $500-$2,500 per year as an award
- The University of Saskatchewan Graduate Scholarship: In this Scholarship program, every international student who enrolled in this University enjoys a grant of $500-$3,000.
- Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Program: the University of Toronto offers this scholarship for the maintenance of living for international students; through this grant, an individual can cover books, residential rent and some feeses.
- Canadian Francophonie Scholarship Program: in this program, an individual is awarded a donation of $3,000 annually.
- Dalhousie University Scholarships: In this Scholarship program, the Master’s level award is valued at $10,000 per year.
- University Canada West Scholarships: This Scholarship award is granted for excellent academic values, which is an amount of $1,200-$6,000 per year.
- McGill University Scholarships: In this Scholarship, A+ International students are awarded $3,000-$12,000 by this University
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship: This program is initiated under Government, and an individual is granted by $50,000 per year.
- University of Calgary Scholarships: A student has presented up to $3,500 annually in this Award.
Jobs in Canada for Students
It is challenging to meet your requirements during studies in Canada, and there are vast fields in Canada which offer part-time jobs and full-time jobs during holidays for the student to complete their hands. For this purpose, students required a work permit issued by clearing some office work.
Life in Canada is full of excitement for students; that’s why studying in Canada is preferred by most students worldwide, not just because it’s cheap and affordable but also because it provides many opportunities. With a Canadian degree, you can apply worldwide for the job and be recommended for the position you wish to be in.